Welcome! or Register
Old
Thursday, November 10, 2011, 8:27 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
Default (A.S.S) BF3 Platoon

Here is the official (A.S.S) BF3 platoon, where our active BF3 players can be found, friend-ed, and so on.

(A.S.S) members, please request to be a part of the platoon when you have the game.

Community, please "become a fan" of our platoon. It will help us find you more easily.

Discuss further on this topic...

Old
Thursday, November 10, 2011, 8:40 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
Per the logo used, there is a limited amount of shapes which EA allows -- obviously to keep profane text and imagery out of the process, while allowing some freedom of expression -- so I copied our logo as best I could with the basic shapes available, as you can see in the following 2 image examples.

Old
Friday, November 11, 2011, 11:20 pm
VEGETA
INACTIVE
nice work sir!

its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog
Old
Friday, November 18, 2011, 1:41 am
Monolith
Send a message via MSN to Monolith Send a message via Yahoo to Monolith Monolith is offline
Any idea if this game has the ability to use a gamepad? Just for moving around. I would use the mouse to look. If so i may try to get it. I need a game to play. My ps3 took a ****. and ut2k4 is boring now.
Friday, November 18, 2011, 12:35 pm
Agoura_Steve
Send a message via AIM to Agoura_Steve Send a message via MSN to Agoura_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to Agoura_Steve Send a message via Skype™ to Agoura_Steve Agoura_Steve is offline
well if anyone would know it would be CoMM.
He uses/used a Belkin Nostromo for all gaming.

Old
Friday, November 18, 2011, 10:41 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Any idea if this game has the ability to use a gamepad? Just for moving around. I would use the mouse to look. If so i may try to get it. I need a game to play. My ps3 took a ****. and ut2k4 is boring now.
Yeah it supports a joystick of any kind. Joysticks all report the same generic axis after you get past their software. If you try to run multiple joysticks at once you can run into issues, but that's more of a Windows issue than any specific game.

I need to disable the joystick's analog functionality in my G13 for example so i can use my flight stick reliably. That's fine since i can still use the G13 stick mapped to the arrow keys for normal infantry movement, and sometimes driving.

Of course i wouldn't recommend a joystick for aiming, but to each their own, and it would work. I use a combo of 4 devices when i play BF, namely: G13 keypad, mouse, flight stick, and once and a while i need to use the keyboard for chat, unmapped commands on my other devices, console access, etc.

I think you'd enjoy using a gamepad for infantry movement, driving, flying, etc, and then using a mouse for aiming and free look. I know that you've used some non-keyboard stuff in the past however, so i'm pretty sure you'll like the odd combo, and i know it would work fine. The game is very well set up for that stuff due to the consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoura_Steve View Post
well if anyone would know it would be CoMM.
He uses/used a Belkin Nostromo for all gaming.
I use an N52 for all my UT gaming. I also have a N52TE, and for BF i started using my G13. The N52TE and G13 both have an analog stick under the thumb, whereas the N52 is an old-school digital thumb pad (original 1st-gen Nintendo style) which worked much better for UT movement.

Old
Sunday, November 20, 2011, 1:39 pm
Monolith
Send a message via MSN to Monolith Send a message via Yahoo to Monolith Monolith is offline
That is good to know. The reason i asked is i bought ut3 thinking i could use the gamepad but could never get it going. Then lost interest in ut3 all together. I would hate to go and get battlefield 3, just to have it unusable to me.

I know there are button mapping software. But it really dose loose something if you map a key to a analog thimbstick.

If i can get a little extra cash i will look into getting it.
Saturday, March 3, 2012, 6:26 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
I added a bit of summary text about our group history to our BF3 platoon...

I also updated our platoon's icon to be a bit more professional and detailed. I was only using about 10 of the 20 allowed layers previously. It's still not ideal but with the basic shapes they allow it's probably about as good as it can be.

Old
Sunday, March 4, 2012, 12:38 pm
Monolith
my boy actually bought bf3. Bad news is it won't play on xp. And i can't afford to get 7 just to play a game.
Saturday, March 10, 2012, 3:38 pm
Banshee
I'LL BE BACK!!!
Please add me, in about 4 weeks Ill be playing when I get to my duty station

I I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.
HOOAH!!
Old
Sunday, March 11, 2012, 6:19 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Please add me, in about 4 weeks Ill be playing when I get to my duty station
You'll need to set up your BF3 account before I can add you to the platoon. Good to hear that you'll have some time to game soon though... Stay safe!

Old
Monday, May 21, 2012, 2:37 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
There's a Battlelog script hack which allows custom images to be used on the platoon page so I updated ours with a custom image using more official branding.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...240983543946/#

Here's how it's done for others looking to do the same:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...24732938476/3/

Old
Monday, May 21, 2012, 5:50 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
I didn't like the green as much after looking at it for a bit; I want the gold of the 3D rendering to pop more. I updated it, and I created a more fitting simplistic version for the smaller ones.

Old
Monday, May 21, 2012, 7:39 pm
Banshee
I'LL BE BACK!!!
TheBanshee is my user name add me plz

I I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.
HOOAH!!
Old
Monday, May 21, 2012, 7:54 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
Doh, I broke it.

I was doing some uploads of a few versions and it worked fine but on this latest one it reverted to my last standard looking image and, now it won't show my custom ones. I know they allow it for others so I don't think it'll be an issue. Maybe I'll need to wait for a next patch from the developer of the tool, but the images are ready to go. I'll try to apply them again later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
TheBanshee is my user name add me plz
I added you as a friend... When you accept that I'll add you to the platoon.

Edit:

Woot, it took it again... I'll check later that all the sizes updated when their system updates the cached versions.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...240983543946/#

Last edited by CoMM : Monday, May 21, 2012 at 8:00 pm.