Welcome! or Register
Old
Monday, December 27, 2010, 8:24 am
Alpha
Default Borderlands

I just recently purchased this game and I find it quite boring. I guess I deserve this for not researching the game a bit more. I expected it to be a regular FPS but I now see its like a FPS RPG sorta game. I feel extremely bored playing it and find myself running around most of the time.

Any of you guys have this game? Is there something I'm missing?
Monday, December 27, 2010, 10:24 am
X-Rated
The Funk Wagon
Quite a few of us have it. It is a bit weird at first since it's a hybrid of an RPG and an FPS. It's very mission oriented as well.

When you first start playing the game, you have to run everywhere but as you progress a little bit, you can "fast travel" to places you need to go to.

It's definitely more fun when you have people playing with you as well.
Old
Monday, December 27, 2010, 1:44 pm
Poker
My suggestion is to approach Borderlands with a more casual mood, rather than the usual adrenaline-fueled competitive streak that we bring when firing up a typical FPS. It's different, but just as fun in its own way: the looting/collecting dynamic is really well done, the game has a neat sense of humor about itself, and it's a great "nightcap" type of game to wind down with after some FPSing.

And yes adding friends to play co-op multiplies the fun many times over — highly recommended. Ricochet just got this recently I believe, I'll be back home later this week and may have time for a bit of it, I know Shownuff is always up for some, as is X, and Slappy and Slip and Maison and........
Monday, December 27, 2010, 2:09 pm
Slappy
One Man Army
Send a message via AIM to Slappy Send a message via MSN to Slappy Slappy is offline
Borderlands is a fun game, i enjoy the concept of it. RPG + FPS = fun

One of the things that they advertise in the game is the whole 1,000,000 weapons thing. I think it's a bit of a waste of time with all of those weapons. It takes more time to analyze which one to use than it does to pick up 15 more. LOL. I also like the Fallout series, similiar look and feel.
Old
Monday, December 27, 2010, 2:14 pm
Ricochet
iWhore :D
Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Ricochet is offline
I has game :: Acount is K1dR1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jezuz View Post
Every dood must experience eating pussy while another hottie is jumping up and down on your stack or your life will not be complete.
Old
Monday, December 27, 2010, 4:40 pm
Alpha
I guess I'll give it another go when you guys are online.

Another thing I don't like about it is the whole gamespy arcade thing. Nobody uses it anymore.
Monday, December 27, 2010, 7:26 pm
Ricochet
iWhore :D
Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Ricochet is offline
people who play UT3 use it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jezuz View Post
Every dood must experience eating pussy while another hottie is jumping up and down on your stack or your life will not be complete.
Old
Monday, December 27, 2010, 7:44 pm
Alpha
Yeah about UT3 my copy is in the garage collecting dust. I should reinstall it just to see whats new.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 10:36 pm
ShowNuff
We Are (A.S.S)
Holy Crapitola !!!!!

Borderlands GOTY edition for $7.99

......................Nuffsed