Welcome! or Register
Old
Friday, May 24, 2013, 9:56 pm
Terminator
Default Bombing Run beta on UT2004 BR server

Hey A.S.S Clan

I was wondering if it would be possible for you to put the BR Beta back on your BR instagib server? Realist and I had some fun on that server playing that version.
Old
Sunday, May 26, 2013, 12:15 am
Poker
Would I be expected to answer this — hmm — maybe

Unfortunately I don’t know whether that mod still exists anywhere since after ASS resurrected its server, or anything as to the current server’s intended direction.

However, I’m no longer involved in the day-to-day goings on here; maybe Comm or someone else knowledgeabuller than me can chime in with a reply less useless than this one.

Good to know you and Realist are still kicking those balls around.

Cheers
Sunday, May 26, 2013, 4:31 am
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
I'll try to find the BR beta mod and put it back on...

Thanks Poker. I'll reach out to you soon.

Old
Monday, May 27, 2013, 11:04 am
Poker
Alrighty.

Though come to think — I would imagine the mod files themselves are nuked or whatever happened, but the .uz2 file(s) are probably on a redirect somewhere ... shucks they might even still have it sat in their cache ... just extract and/or decompress that, and those guys could have some 1-on-1 fun just hosting between themselves, no server fuss necessary.
Thursday, May 30, 2013, 8:53 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker View Post
Alrighty.

Though come to think — I would imagine the mod files themselves are nuked or whatever happened, but the .uz2 file(s) are probably on a redirect somewhere ... shucks they might even still have it sat in their cache ... just extract and/or decompress that, and those guys could have some 1-on-1 fun just hosting between themselves, no server fuss necessary.
Yeah, I've looked and I can't find the mod files in my System folder locally. I'll clean my cache also here soon and see what I find.

Old
Friday, May 31, 2013, 8:41 am
Poker
yeah little chance they'd be in a System folder.

Actually ... hmm ... gar blimey I'm as forgetful as jones ... didn't Show save the day some time back by hosting a redirect? And is that what you've been using since then? I seem to remember helping copy stuff to that ... which probably would have included everything UT2004 and UT3.

Ergo go there first probably ... or hmm, maybe I have something buried in an old ftp client ...

... well shucks, Shownuff to the rescue again Comm check your Google Drive account, if you still have that ... not sure I have the right address for whatever you use actively these days.

Looks like there might also be a couple dependencies involved — "ASSBRTex" and ASSBRStatic" — maybe, I can't remember.