Welcome! or Register
ASSgaming.com > Forums > Community > Hardware
Share the news about PC power and other cool devices.

AMD / MSI / Radeon Build
Old
Thursday, November 24, 2011, 12:33 pm
Prettyugly
Gratz, Man!!
That sure is a beautiful Mobo, let us know How the Heat and Noise are for this Build.

I am Having My old Rig Retrofitted at Digital Storm this Month, I am not going with the Hexcore, though.
I am going with the Asus P-67 Sabretooth with the 2700K because I am strapped for cash and this board has Mil-Spec components for less Noise in My recording Chain.
Going with the Mountain Mods U2-UFO Horizon case, it fits perfectly in My rackmount Iso Cabinet.
Evga 580 Classified 3Gb probably.
I am Hoping to Have mine all worked out by the first of the Year, I sure am looking forward to Fragging with You Guys, I'll post some pix of My old Beast and it's newer and Much cheaper revision soon.
Thursday, November 24, 2011, 2:03 pm
Slippy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyugly View Post
I am going with the Asus P-67 Sabretooth
Excellent choice.

Old
Friday, November 25, 2011, 3:27 am
Prettyugly
II was seriously considering that Sexy XHair V mobo Sho got, and keeping it in my current 950si Case -but My PC Isolaton unit will just barely fit that Monster.

The UFO is 18x18x18 and will Rackmount, and will leave room inside My Iso Cabinet for a rackmount apc as well.

My rig is more for Graphics/Protools and I won't ever SLI cards on this board... it is really 16X on one slot....I am only placing 1 other sound processing card on it as well...the sabretooth is slot poor but I won't need them.

The UFO Case site has some cool configurations, I am going with the horizontal mount version.
http://www.mountainmods.com/computer-cases-c-21.html