Welcome! or Register
ASSgaming.com > Forums > Community > Hardware
Share the news about PC power and other cool devices.

Best gaming mouse pads
Old
Thursday, November 24, 2011, 8:27 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
Default Best gaming mouse pads

What are you guys using for mouse pads nowadays?

For the past year or so i've been using a Rocketfish coated metal pad ($20) which i snagged from Best Buy one day. I've been pretty pleased with it.

I got a Cyborg G.L.I.D.E. 7 ($25) with my latest hardware order, and i'm very impressed with it so far. It's reasonable in price for the amount of material, it's HUGE, and my 5600 dpi Razer Naga tracks better on it than i've ever seen it do before. They claim that it was designed along with some of the top pro FPS competitors. I'm really surprised that an old-school rubber mat with a synthetic cloth surface can destroy the last few quality pads i've had. Hopefully it still tracks well after it gets a bit of wear, dust, dirt, etc.

Oh, and the one i had before these 2 was a $50 Razer pad which tracked like crap. Or, more to the point, and more embarrassing for Razer, it was released at the exact same time as the Razer Lachesis and they didn't work together.

Old
Thursday, November 24, 2011, 8:47 pm
Slippy
I prefer steelseries equipment, 4hd/9hd or, qck. But probably the 9hd.

Old
Sunday, November 27, 2011, 9:03 pm
Maison
morituri te salutant
Still rocking the Rocket Fish pad. I thought about switching to something else but couldn't justify the price and definitely did not have the desktop real estate for a large pad.

I was looking at the Steel Series stuff though. The Ice Mats were my favorite and I believe SS bought them out and is making them or something along those lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear View Post
well... the good news is that lucas can't screw up the star wars universe any longer.

the bad news is that now disney can ....
Old
Friday, December 2, 2011, 7:54 pm
VEGETA
INACTIVE
been rocking my desktop for the past...well longer then i have been a member here. and the same mouse for about 5-6 years (g5) and things are still great what is this mouse pad stuff you guys are into?

its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog
Old
Sunday, March 25, 2012, 6:38 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
I was looking at an old website Agoura had posted a while back since I wanted to purchase some of the Teflon non-stick surface for a non-gaming purpose at my house, and I ran across another offering from this company which looks pretty impressive.

Here's the main company domain:
http://www.cshyde.com

Here's the new mousepad they're offering:
http://www.cshyde.com/c4web

Quote:
Speed, accuracy, smoothness. Fast paced PC and console gaming requires well honed reflexes, but without the right hardware it all means nothing. That's where we come in, C4 Mousepads offer the slickest, most accurate mouse pad available on the market today. With our super-slick PTFE surface, you will be gliding through your enemies like you've never done before. Your opponents won't know what hit them! When you are ready to step it up a notch, check us out! You'll become a lifetime fan.

We have three types of C4 available: C4 Ngen® with foam backing; the super thin CX4 NGen04 with repositionable black silicone backing, and the adhesive-backed C4 Ngen® Classic.

And here's the basic roll of Teflon for those who just want some raw material:
http://cshyde.thomasnet.com/viewitem...e-skived-film?