Welcome! or Register
Old
Tuesday, October 18, 2011, 8:43 pm
DrEvil
A.K.A Mike Honcho
Keep the info coming PU. Is this game using the UT3 engine? Seems to remind me a lot of Global Agenda. The folks over at Global Agenda did amazing work with that UT3 engine. I'll give it a try if I can sneak in some time in between BF3 and life in general.
Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 6:52 pm
sWs»Skaarj
well i got into the beta today so if/when i get keys ill try to hook it up if i can

Old
Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 9:04 pm
Prettyugly
Heya Folx,
Been Beta testing this Game for awhile now, and I now have 2 Beta Keys to Give out,& I will be getting More eventually.
I really want Comm to Have a shot at one of them, if'n He has the time/desire to beta test.
This is still in it's early stages, and I think that You guys that really understand gameflow and balance would be beneficial to this game's beta stages.

That being said, I want You to know that The senior clan members are who I hope to have take Me up on the invites.

& any future beta invites (they come in waves) will be offered Here first.

I would hope that whomever gets these keys uses them, and signs up using their A.S.S tag - This game will Support clans HEAVILY, fwiw.

I have a dream of an A.S,S army with their own distinctive armor (with the Clan Logo on it)...this will be possible in Firefall.

These guys are very feedback intensive, and You guys can make a difference in How this Game turns out, Believe me.

(I love this game, and Have not felt the joy of Flying whilst looking through a 'Scope since UTY2k4
- & yes, I am a big fanboi of this game now )

So just post here to this thread that You'd be willing to try this beta, and Why. (if You want to)
I will check this thread daily, and pm the 2 Clanmembers that get the Keys.
(I'll decide may 11th, in the early evening, pst)
I wish i had more than 2 to offer right now.

Last edited by Prettyugly : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 9:09 pm.
Old
Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 9:19 pm
Prettyugly
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
Keep the info coming PU. Is this game using the UT3 engine? Seems to remind me a lot of Global Agenda. The folks over at Global Agenda did amazing work with that UT3 engine. I'll give it a try if I can sneak in some time in between BF3 and life in general.
(copied from the Firefall site)
Offset Software was a video game development company based in Newport Beach, California. It was founded by Sam McGrath, Travis Stringer, Trevor Stringer and Rod Green; except for Green, they had worked for S2 Games developing Savage: The Battle for Newerth,[1] which won the grand prize at the Independent Games Festival in 2004.[2]
The company had one game under development, a first-person "shooter" with the working title "Project Offset". (Some official preview videos have shown third-person views for close-quarters combat.) The game featured a detailed high fantasy world. It was showcased on Attack of the Show! in 2005.[3]
In February 2008, Intel acquired Offset Software,[4] having purchased the Havok engine in 2007.[5]
Intel canceled the game in mid 2010, citing "recent changes in our product roadmap" (possibly meaning the failure of Larrabee as a consumer product).[6] The founders of Offset Software have moved to a new game development studio named Fractiv LLC.

Direct copy from the wiki.

Firefall snagged it and heavily modified it to please them, then they also use Morphene natural motion also an Engine, the same stuff SWTOR uses as well.

There is also mention of them using Forge for the maps, if that means anything.
Thursday, May 3, 2012, 9:40 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
Yeah, sorry, I've been meaning to check this out but I've been mainly just doing BF3 stuff when I play lately. Where are the invites you sent: PM; email; Steam?

Sounds like a cool game though...

Old
Friday, May 4, 2012, 1:50 pm
Prettyugly
Have not sent them Yet, I wanted to make sure it was something You'd be interested in trying out.
I was planning on PM'ing the recipients next Friday,(unless noone responds, then I'll wait a little :P ) but if You want, I can bounce one to You whenever You'd Like.
I will be getting more of these, and like what I mentioned in my last PM to you, I'd love it if the Clan were represented in this game, but that is You Folx's call.
As of now, I am not using My A.S.S ID ingame , but I really hope to once the Game is released, if it's okay with You guys.
I know I haven't really given BF3 a real chance yet, but until this beta shapes up more, I really want to focus on firefall.

Last edited by Prettyugly : Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 8:46 am.
Old
Friday, May 4, 2012, 4:10 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyugly View Post
Have not sent them Yet, I wanted to make sure it was something You'd be interested in trying out.
I was planning on PM'ing the recipients next Friday, but if You want, I can bounce one to You whenever You'd Like.
Whenever you have them ready is fine. Actually Shownuff would probably be a better tester than I would but I'd be happy to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyugly View Post
I will be getting more of these, and like what I mentioned in my last PM to you, I'd love it if the Clan were represented in this game, but that is You Folx's call.
We'll push as a group for whatever people want to play... It's not about convincing me however, it's more about what everyone else thinks around here who would give it the most activity. I'll help advertise and support whatever we can get going but my approval of it means very little, I would guess, versus just getting as many people as possible interested in it.

Old
Friday, May 11, 2012, 10:13 pm
Prettyugly
I have sent out the last Invite I currently Have, But I will be getting 2 more shortly, and I want our clan to try this game out, so the offer will be reposted, I promise!
Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 4:52 pm
Monolith
Send a message via MSN to Monolith Send a message via Yahoo to Monolith Monolith is offline
Where do i need to go to download? i got your 2 pm's but do not know where to go and download beta.

Thanks
Sunday, May 20, 2012, 3:30 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
This game is really fun. It's a lot like Monday Night Combat as far as movement goes, which is also fairly similar to UT in general. I'm still figuring out all the details of how to play but it looks like it could be a good thing for us to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Where do i need to go to download? i got your 2 pm's but do not know where to go and download beta.
Sign up on their website... After that you can bind your beta key to your account and get all the access you need.

Old
Monday, May 21, 2012, 1:06 am
Prettyugly
They don't have a manual persay, as alot of the details are still being refined by the testers and the Devs.
Brontodon.com
has alot of good information about the ins and outs of the game.

the response to our feedback has been the best thing about this game-and that's saying alot.

What is currently being tested is a very small portion of what will be available by the final release.

They are currently gathering Metrics, primarily on the PVP elements, and I suspect they are refining their anti-hacking software.

New announcements on PVE developments
beta.firefallthegame.com
will be forthcoming within the week

I cant wait until we get melding repulsor nanoprints, and we get to run missions into the melding.

Thursday is Patch day, also.
Friday, July 27, 2012, 1:10 pm
Prettyugly
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
Hey, just a Quick FYI, Dr....
I won't be playing as Prettyugly until I get My new Box Set up, on or around Aug 4th-ish...

I am Lurking in the Beta Forums and Playing as
BOTHAND Nether
(You probably already Hate me as That Guy)
:P
Saturday, July 28, 2012, 9:53 pm
Prettyugly
Here is a Great thread in the Firefakll Public Forums Regarding Clans.
(you will need to create a forum account)

http://www.firefallthegame.com/commu...r-games.46225/

I feel that the only way a Free to Play game can truly be a quality experience,
is from within a Clan.

That Being said, anyone interested in this Game might want to check this out, and Maybe contribute to the feedback process.

Red5 really listens to our feedback, that's what is so cool about this Beta.