Welcome! or Register
Old
Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 6:23 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
Default BF3 now has paid unlocks

I didn't see this coming... Apparently they're rolling over the pricing model from BF:P4F and BF:Heroes so now players can pay extra in BF3 to unlock their weapons.

Is this a good thing? Maybe... I can think of a few friends who wouldn't mind paying for upgrades, and they'd enjoy it much more, but they just can't get into it enough to work their way through the initial noob beatdown.

The unlock packages (named "kit shortcuts") are:
  • Assault Kit - $7
  • Engineer Kit - $7
  • Support Kit - $7
  • Recon Kit - $7
  • CO-OP Kit - $5
  • General Weapons Kit - (not available as a standalone) (I was wrong about this one - the General weapons do not unlock, nor do the B2K ones)
  • Vehicle Kit - (not available as a standalone)
  • Ultimate Shortcut Bundle - $40 (includes all unlocks)

Last edited by CoMM : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 9:56 pm.
Old
Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 9:26 pm
Hoole
Send a message via AIM to Hoole Send a message via MSN to Hoole Send a message via Yahoo to Hoole Hoole is offline
I kind of like this, it takes way too long to level up and gain the unlocks. If I were a new player, I might splurge the $7 on one class to unlock. Then earn the others. It would also keep me out of those meltdown 64p death match servers where you can rank up quickly and easily, but at the expense of spam. For those with limited time on their hands to enjoy gaming, this is a nice fit.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 2:54 am
Ghost_Codeman
Poker is a DM Whore
Send a message via MSN to Ghost_Codeman Send a message via Yahoo to Ghost_Codeman Ghost_Codeman is offline
I'm done with BF3. The new patch ruined the game for me! I'm going to be playing UT3 and Quake live for now!

~uXc~BaYkT (on our TS) said:
Quote:
"****n Cody.... FOCKin, cOdY... FUNKIN Code.....****iN CoDy... goat luvin ****er... ****IN CoDY... **** U CODE... ****in Cody!!!!" [and repeat]
Old
Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 2:46 pm
Slippy
For people who don't play often, this is a steal. For people who do play often, its a waste.

Old
Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 9:58 pm
CoMM
a.k.a. Scr3wby Doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMM View Post
  • General Weapons Kit - (not available as a standalone) (I was wrong about this one - the General weapons do not unlock, nor do the B2K ones)
I corrected one mistake... Someone I know bought the Ultimate package today and the General weapons aren't unlocked - which you obtain purely by your rank; nor are the B2K achievements.